Starting to get the November chills? Halloween is just right around the corner and with that, all of those tasty Halloween recipes.
Whether you’re making a batch for yourself and binging horror flicks, or having a big trick-or-treat Halloween party at your place, these treats are a sure winner. After all, who doesn’t love a good snack that feels like a breezy, wonderful fall morning?
Now, if you really want to be adventurous and try something new, we have a suggested additional ingredient to these recipes. Cannabidiol or CBD oil is something of a trend nowadays. You’ve probably heard of it in passing or are already familiar and using it yourself. Did you know you can add it to pretty much any food and beverage?
CBD Halloween recipes are a thing of wonder! It will amp up fairly common recipes. But unlike cannabis edibles, CBD treats are not at all intoxicating. CBD oils have close to zero amounts of THC unless you’re using full-spectrum formulations.
Even then, it is not enough to produce a marijuana high. If you’re just looking for some R&R alone or with loved ones, check out these Halloween recipes.
How to Add CBD to Sweets
All recipes are DIY, it really depends on the maker of the food just how good the final results will be. Even for party-themed food like Halloween treats, it can be a hit or miss.
In the true spirit of festivities, go out of your comfort zone and try these CBD Halloween recipes. This new take on traditional and much-loved baked and other homemade goodies will surely be a party hit.
The best part? These cannabis-infused recipes are not hard at all to make. Just mixing a wee bit — or a lot, depending on the serving size — is enough for you to enjoy your snacks.
Read More: CBD CHOCOLATES
CBD Halloween Recipes
Now when you think about Halloween recipes, your sweet tooth is sure to be satisfied. From Halloween candies, chocolates, candy corns, hot chocolate, pumpkin-flavored pies to a whole lot more.
What can you gain from it anyway? If not for the lack of flavor unless you’re using flavored tinctures, then certainly for CBD’s side effects. It’s a delicious way of taking hemp oil extract apart from just ingesting it directly.
If you find yourself with headaches, trouble sleeping, or other minor pains, eating a piece of cookie certainly doesn’t come to mind.
But a CBD-infused dessert or drink? Now that’s a tasty way of getting rid of your health woes. Follow these CBD Halloween recipes and see for yourself the spooktastic goodness you can make from the comforts of your own home.
CBD Caramel Apples
Caramel apples are delicious and nutritious at the same time. How great is that? Now you can amp them up by adding your favorite CBD to the mix.
The Halloween recipe is quite simple.
- 8 medium to large-sized apples
- 8 wooden sticks for the apples
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (approx 14 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips for toppings (optional)
- CBD drops in cinnamon flavor — or any flavor!
- Boil water over a saucepan. Dip the apples in for a few seconds to remove the wax. Set apples aside and insert the wooden sticks when cool completely. Then start on your caramel sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a saucepan over medium to high heat. Bring to a boil, stir constantly to avoid clumping and burning. Reduce heat to medium when the mixture is thick enough in consistency.
- Try testing it out by dropping a teaspoon of the sauce in a glass of cold water, it should form a firm ball. Remove caramel from heat and add in the vanilla extract and CBD oil. You can be generous with our CBD and add in as much as 30 drops.
- Carefully dip the apples on sticks in the caramel sauce and place it on a parchment paper in a baking pan to cool. You can cut them up into slices if you want. Serve and enjoy!
Read More: CBD FOR STRESS
CBD Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin recipes wouldn’t be missing on a Halloween recipe list! These delicious CBD Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes are definitely a must-try.
- 2 cupcake pans
- 15 cupcake liners or cups
- 15 ginger or molasses cookies (look for small, circular ones)
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 15 oz. can pumpkin or you can make your own via puree
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half and half
- Approx. 300mg of your favorite CBD oil in lavender flavor
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F and line pans with cupcake liners. Place one cookie at the bottom of each cup.
- Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the pumpkin and thoroughly combine them. Add the sugar and salt.
- Add the eggs, yolks, half and half, and CBD oil. Mix well and add the vanilla and spices.
- Fill in the cupcake liners with the pumpkin mixture. Fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until centers are set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for 2 hours or more to let it harden and set.
- Add in whipped cream, serve, and enjoy!
CBD Halloween Smoothie
A CBD Halloween smoothie? Sounds like an absolute delight, and it is. This healthy Halloween smoothie can be enjoyed at any time even long after the last trick-or-treater has gone to hibernate until next year.
It’s super easy to make so go and enjoy a nice glass with your loved ones!
- 1 small handful of frozen mango chunks — if you can find fresh ones, even better!
- 2 medium-sized oranges
- ½ carrots
- 60ml water
- Ice cubes or chips
- 6 to 8 drops of your favorite CBD oil in orange blossom flavor
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Put in a nice, clear glass and slurp to your heart’s content!
Read More: TRAVELING WITH CBD
Peanut Butter Pumpkin CBD Dog Treats
Now it doesn’t seem fair that you get to have all the fun, is it? Your furry friends can join in the delicious treats too!
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of canned pumpkin or freshly made puree
- 2 tbsp. of peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 250 mg of pet-friendly CBD oil
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F or 175˚C.
- Whisk together all the other ingredients until you make a dough. Add water as needed but the final result should be dry and stiff. Roll into a 1/2-inch thick roll and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. You can make it bigger or smaller depending on the size of your pet.
- Pop in the oven until hard for approx. 40 minutes. Let it cool down and call on your little buddy to enjoy!
CBD Pumpkin Spice Latte
Would Halloween even be complete without PSL? Your favorite cafe may make them perfectly but that doesn’t mean you can’t do just as well.
Even better, this one comes as a CBD-infused Pumpkin Spice Latte. Could you ask for anything else in life? Try this war hug in a cup.
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- A teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Up to 30 drops of CBD oil in lavender flavor
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Mix the coffee, pumpkin, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium to high heat. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until hot, but not to a boiling point.
- Add the milk to a frothing pitcher and place over medium heat. Remove the pitcher from heat and continue to froth when the temperature reaches 160°F.
- Divide the coffee mix into mugs and add in the CBD oil, mix thoroughly.
- Using a spoon to hold back the foam, add the hot milk to your cups. A 2:1 milk to coffee ratio should be perfect.
- Top with freshly grated nutmeg and whipped cream. Serve hot and enjoy!
Read More: CBD FOR SEX
Are you feeling the Halloween spirit now? Great if you are, and even better if you’re already thinking of going to the nearest grocery store to try out these CBD Halloween recipes.
These treats will not only be a sure hit at gatherings, it could also provide you with a wide range of health benefits.
However, no matter the hype on CBD and hemp oil, it is important to note that this wonder oil is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical condition. For that, you need to check with your physician first.
Being a generally safe substance, you need not worry about eating too much of your CBD snacks.
Just be mindful of your body’s reaction to it and discontinue if complications arise. Now go forth and have a happy trick-or-treating!