R134a is the most secure and handiest solvent for extraction developed as extraction methodology for pharma to extract perfume and taste, it’s the simplest manner of extraction of botanicals. Primarily based on the feedback looks as if most of the individuals don’t have any expertise with the know-how.
R134a is nonvolatile solvent, it’s non explosive, nonflammable and work at low strain (6-Eight bars) and room temperature. Butane and Ethanol are risky or flamable, CO2 works at very excessive strain. Each know-how has execs and cons, the advantages of R134a are that you just get very near winterized oil immediately from the machine, the solvent is used as supply system for inchalators, it’s a lot improved model of its predecesor R22.
• Low cost to refil and reusable
• Machine comes as a flip key solution- totally loaded and able to use, no particular arrange required (no different know-how does that and so they don’t inform you will probably be fairly costly to load it with solvent)
• Very min losses because the system is closed loop
• Nonflammable, non-volatile – simple approval and no constructing outfitting prices
• Utterly Secure (no room outfiting wanted)
• Single-step extraction to prime quality (av 70% CBD and 85%+ d9) of true full spectrum Preserves the weather of the flower unaltered within the extract together with the terpenes
• Low value of upkeep
• No particular expertise required to function the machine
• The extract that comes immediately from the machine is on common 70% focus with about 1% terpens, it additionally extracts Reside Resin (non-decarbed) with excessive % terpens and acid type of teh cannabinoids (nice for neutraceuticals)
R134a has been recognized to the pharma, perfume and taste business for over 20 years. An in depth Discover of GRAS Exemption for R134a as an extraction solvent was submitted to the FDA in 2001. R134a is broadly used because the propellant in inhaler pharma merchandise (for instance, to deal with bronchial asthma). A 1996 report from the Nationwide Analysis Council (NRC), “Toxicity of Alternate options to Chlorofluorocarbons”, states that 40,000 ppm of tetrafluoroethane (i.e. 4%) has no impact on human well being. As compared, 4% CO2 within the air will trigger complications and eight% can lead to the sufferer being mind useless in Four minutes. Butane and propane are flammable in 6% focus and might explode. Right here is R134a’s security knowledge sheet from Nationwide Refrigerants. The boiling level of R134a is -30C, which makes it very simple to take away from an extract with boiling level of 130C-185C. That’s the reason the residue is just not a difficulty with this solvent in comparison with butane with boiling level 5C and alcohol 60C.